Who Sees a Social Worker?
People from all age groups and walks of life consult Social Workers. Social Workers provide services to individuals, couples, families, groups and communities.
People see Social Workers when they are going through a difficult period in their personal, family and/or work life. Social Workers help identify the source of stress or difficulty, help people to develop coping skills and find effective solutions to their problems, offer various forms of counseling and therapy, and mediate between conflicts.
Social Work Services Include:
- Individual, family, and couple assessment and counseling
- Stress management
- Parent education
- Counselling for eating disorders
- Grief, loss and trauma counseling
- Addictions counseling
- Mental Health information
To see the Social Worker you will need a referral from your Family Physician or Nurse Practitioner. Appointments are available at both the Tri Area Medical Centre and Marmora Medical Centre.
Links of Interest
- 24 Hour Crisis Intervention Services 1.888.757.7766
- Centre for Addiction & Mental Health
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit
- Youthhab’s Community Mental Health Program 613.473.5255
- Hastings Housing Resource Centre 613.473.0400
- Children’s Mental Health Services 613.473.1685
- Mental Health Services HP&E 613.967.4734